ALBALATE OF ZORITA, is placed in the top southwestern of the province of Guadalajara, has his establishment on the foot of the skirts of the Saw of Altomira, whose summits mark at present the watershed between the above mentioned province and that of Cuenca.
In spite of recent finds of any instruments of fighter of undoubted prehistoric affiliation in places of his municipal term, and of the ancient local tradition on certain traces of Roman ancestry, we do not believe that the origin of the population could mend beyond the Moslem epoch. historical we are sent to the above mentioned period, at least, by the etymology of his name AL-BALAT "THE WAY".
Art and Monuments:
• Santa Cruz (Piece of gold work of the XIIIth century)
• Church of San Andrés Apóstol (XV - XVIth Century):
Elizabethan and Renaissance baroque elements, Gothic
• historical Ruins of Gutters (Romanesque of the XIIIth century)
• Chapel of Our Lady of the Remedies (XVIIth Century): Front herreriana.
• Chapel of the Santa Cruz (XVIIth Century)
• Source of 13 pipes (XVIIth Century)
• Santa Cruz (26 IX to 1 X): Chariots, Moors and Christians, sit-ins...
• San Blas (from February 2 to February 5) Dancers and motley, declared "Of provincial tourist interest"
• Corpus Christi (Carpeted of streets)
• Living Passion (Holy Friday)
• Santa Ann (July 26)
• "The Nightsticks" on January 23
Albalate of Zorita has his establishment on the foot of the skirts of Saw of Altomira, whose summits mark at present the watershed between the above mentioned province and that of Cuenca. The Saw of Altomira is crossed by the rivers Tagus and Guadiela that form deep sickles, named steps or entrepeñas, the length and breadth of everything her mountainous alignment. For his natural values it is in Guide of Natural Spaces of Castilla-La Mancha. Qualified of "big beauty" and with an abundant bibliography on his stratigraphy and landscape values. (ftes. to see links and Delegation of Cuenca)
Nucleus: New Saw of Altamira